Plan the steps toward your dream library!
- Who does your library serve?
- What is the purpose of your library?
- What are your goals?
How does your library measure up?
- How well is your library equipped to attain its goals?
- What are the strengths of your library?
- What areas would you like to improve?
Start with basic resources
- What sort of materials will your library offer?
- How will these materials contribute to the goals of your library?
- How will you prioritize the development of your library’s collection of materials?
Don’t let your materials gather dust!
- Are your patrons aware of your library’s collection of materials?
- Are your patrons able to access library resources?
- Are your students prepared to navigate the modern information environment?
Get with it- use modern technology!
- Do your teachers make use of modern learning technologies?
- Is your library your school’s technology hub?
- Are your students able to use new technologies to create and share their knowledge?
- Does your library offer flexible seating for individual and group study?
- Is the environment of your library welcoming and inviting?
Plan a 21st century learning commons at your school